Reception Manager Job Description
If you are looking for a new role as a reception manager – then let FOH Recruitment assist you in your search for the perfect management position
Whether you’re looking for a more corporate environment, better benefits, a greater challenge, a larger team or simply a change of scenery… then we believe we can help you.
We deal with a range of reception management and front of house management vacancies in a wide range of industries including:
- Investment Banking
- Private Equity
- Asset Management
- Television Stations
- Fund manager
- and many others.
Please do not apply if you are solely looking for a FOH vacancy within a Hotel as unfortunately we do not currently supply Hotels. If you have a Hotel background and wish to gain a position within a blue chip or corporate environment – then please apply
Salaries for reception manager’s jobs can vary greatly in London depending on the company, the role and the particular demands of each position; however our management vacancies have salaries from £30,000 to £45,000 per annum.
Receptionist Manager Job Description
The below job spec is a basic generalization of what our clients may require of their reception managers.
To ensure that visitors and clients are received in an excellent and professional manner and that all reception areas operate a high quality service at all times.
- 1. To supervise the professional greeting of clients and visitors, to the highest standards.
- 2. To manage room reservations ensuring that the bookings team are processing all enquiries accurately.
- 3. Recruitment, induction and training of receptionists and meeting room co-ordinators
- 4. Appraisals and performance management of staff, including monthly meetings.
- 5. Leading, monitoring, motivating and inspiring the team; providing guidance and support.
- 6. Review of existing standards and procedures while implementing new best practices to ensure a seamless delivery of Front of House Services
- 7. On-going development of skills and knowledge for the FOH team.
- 8. Produce, manage and operate the reception rota, checking future planned absences, planning cover and ensuring overtime is provided when necessary
- 9. Manage the implementation for any change or upgrade in software systems
- 10. Monitor budget and produce weekly/monthly reporting where applicable
- 11. Supervise the co-ordination of VIP Functions and events.
- 12. Review the uniform requirements and source new suppliers if needed
Client Assistance Area
USEFUL EXAMPLES OF:
- RECEPTION MANAGER JOB DESCRIPTIONS
- RECEPTION SUPERVISOR JOB DESCRIPTIONS
- HEAD RECEPTIONIST JOB DESCRIPTIONS
- SWITCHBOARD SUPERVISOR JOB DESCRIPTIONS
WHICH CLIENTS ARE ABLE TO USE AND TAILOR TO THEIR NEEDS
Reception Manager Job Description
The main purpose of this role is as follows:
- To help define and the company’s unique ‘6* Service’ concept, which sets the firm apart from other organisations.
- To actively manage and develop the team reception, service desks and meeting room staff.
- To participate in project work as directed and to implement any actions as necessary.
Reception Manager Responsibilities
The key reception manager responsibilities are:
- People management responsibilities for approx. 15 staff, including:
- Recruiting, training and developing staff to provide the department with an appropriately skilled and motivated workforce.
- Managing rotas to ensure adequate cover at all sites at all times to ensure the provision of a consistent service.
- Ensuring that the team function to the professional and consistent standards expected so as to provide a high level of customer focus to meet the business needs.
- Ensuring that the team are correctly attired and project a professional image at all times.
- To project manage and facilitate the strategic implementation of new working practices to ensure the successful roll out of initiatives which will result in consistency to our customers and will improve the overall service offering.
- Producing monthly and ad-hoc reports on service usage and service issues to ensure that customers and management receive appropriate information in an accurate and timely manner.
- Ensuring the maintenance of the visitor electronic pass system and the maintenance of the client facing areas e.g. fault reporting.
- Regularly liaising with customer relationship managers (and, when necessary, customers directly) to ensure the provision of a customer focused service including:
- 1st class reception and client facing services
- Efficient and easy to use protocols and processes for users, e.g. meeting rooms, hotelling, catering
- Constant review and improvement of the welcome services
The key areas are:
Responsibility for monitoring expenditure in line with budgets and SLA, across all front of house impact services i.e. cleaning and security. Making recommendations for both cost savings and increases if necessary, this would potentially include writing a business case and liaising with service providers/contract owners i.e. negotiating amendments to schedules or SLA.
Responsibility for internal landscaping meeting room equipment and newspapers budgets for London Responsibility for direct management of all Reception staff and staff related costs in London
Other resources or assets
Responsibility for fabric maintenance, highlighting areas of concern, (sofa’s, lamps, pictures, magazine racks, coffee tables etc) liaising with Engineering, and then monitoring contractors to ensure work is completed to high standard etc and escalating where necessary. Also liaising with Marketing with reference to the plasma screens in all the main receptions, plus literature stands
- Experience of front-of-house in a hotel or corporate environment.
- Experience of managing a team including arranging cover and the rostering of staff to maximize efficiency.
- Experience of working in a Hotelling (shared or hot desking) environment and knowledge of automated desk booking systems.
- An enhanced degree of computer literacy and database knowledge including being able to support the setting up and projection of presentations from laptops and the ability to help individuals log on to the network etc.
- The ability to understand and meet the requirements of Service Level Agreements.
- Experience of working in a highly customer focussed service delivery role.
- An excellent customer focused manner at all times.
- Demonstrating the ability to be proactive and to possess strategic thinking skills.
- The ability to lead and develop a large, diverse team.
- The ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
- The ability to manage change.
- A very high standard of personal appearance.
- The ability to manage a large, diverse workforce.
- A good eye for detail and a desire to take responsibility, through to resolution, for issue and concerns generated by our customers.
- A willingness to travel to regional offices to participate in training and coaching.
A significant element of this new role is an ability to help the service managers to bring the concept to life in their offices. The postholder will be passionate about customer service and service excellence and will have to provide a strong and visible lead for the team which will initially be under the direct control of the postholder.
Initially the position will be to evaluate the existing resources and to implement change in order to ensure the provision of a consistent, professional service across London. It is envisaged that towards the completion of this staff management exercise there will be increasing amounts of project work to action to ensure the successful implementation of the concept. This could potentially lead in to contract management responsibilities and project responsibilities on a national level.
Reception Manager Job Description 2
The Manager will be required to work on all of the desks and be completely familiar with the different aspects and functions associated with the FOH operation and to train any new joiners and temporary staff.
Reception Manager Duties and Responsibilities
- To greet clients and visitors and ensure that all reception staff maintain the desired level of client service.
- To ensure that records of the arrival of clients and the issue of passes are completed in a timely and professional manner.
- A thorough knowledge of the computerised system is required to ensure correct procedures are always followed.
- To monitor and provide statistical information of the types and categories of people visiting the office and usage of the adjacent conference rooms, providing such information to management on request.
- To ensure that notification of any person(s) being visited are informed of arrival of visitor in a timely manner and kept informed as and when required.
- To ensure that service levels are maintained to the highest degree and particular attention is paid to client care to ensure that all visitors receive the highest quality of service and attention.
- To ensure staff provide all assistance that a visitor may require.
- To take full ownership of the reception and all associated areas, making sure that they are kept in the best possible order at all times, liaising with cleaners, facilities, security and other departments as deemed necessary.
- To ensure that appropriate records are kept of the departure of visitors on the computerised logging system.
- To ensure that, when necessary, coffee is made available to clients and presented in a timely manner.
- To ensure that all reception staff are aware of and are providing a full business centre support for clients, visitors and other personnel. This will include all administrative support duties and will also extend to the arrangement of personal requests.
- To ensure that all reception staff are trained and are fully conversant with all aspects of the software
- To collate and deliver accurate reports on all aspects of room booking information on request from manager.
- To ensure that all desks are appropriately manned to ensure service levels are met, ensuring adequate cover for sickness and vacation.
- To regularly monitor team member’s performance, giving appropriate feedback and set achievable objectives prior to giving annual review.
- Conducting annual appraisal process.
- Shift working will be required as follows:
- 0700 – 1500
- 1000 – 1800
Flexibility in both attitude and working hours is essential.
Previous supervisory experience essential.
Previous experience in conducting appraisals desirable, but training will be provided if necessary.
Switchboard Supervisor Job Description
Summary Of Role
A challenging opportunity exists to take responsibility for the day-to-day supervision of staff and the callboard and switchboard services provided to us. Managing the effectiveness of the team’s performance with a focus on providing a quality service, the supervisor will ensure the team achieve industry-benchmarking standards.
- Overall line management of up to 10 operators
- Monitor absence (holidays and sickness)
- Produce monthly management information, as required
- Enhance communication channels with callboard and switchboard operators who work on shift basis
- Ensure that the callboard and switchboard delivers a ‘First Class’ service to the Company
- Review the day-to-day operation of the callboard and switchboard, making process improvements to ensure that the function adds value to the Company, enhancing the profile of the function internally
- Liaison with the Monitoring Agency regarding standards
- Effectively deal with any complaints, bringing them to a satisfactory conclusion
- Maximise the use of systems to improve the service on offer
- Implementation and daily management of a monthly rota system
- Ensure that the operation is fully covered, making adjustments for annual leave and absence as appropriate
- Responsibility for selection of new operators as required
- Conduct six monthly performance reviews for employees
- Analyse training needs and implement training and development as required
- Provide constructive feedback to callboard and switchboard staff on a daily basis, to drive service levels and productivity up
Reception Supervisor Job Description – Detailed- Ground Floor
Purpose of Job: Responsible to ensure the efficient and smooth operation within reception and guest areas. To ensure all customers are greeted in a professional, friendly and courteous manner. Notify host area of visitor requiring collection immediately and chase host if necessary. Issue and retrieve all security passes. Assist in ensuring no visitor allowed into building unaccompanied. Assist Security guards to ensure effective consistent enforcement of security policies. Responsible for a team of Receptionists and Hosts
Responsible To: Reception Manager / Front of House Manager
Operational Reception Supervisor Duties: (Job/Technical Knowledge/Expertise, Customer Service)
- Ensure all Reception areas are covered with staff within agreed SLA targets for dealing with internal and external guests.
- Co-ordinate shift cover where required, using agreed levels of staff
- To lead the Reception Team in their daily tasks.
- Acknowledge and orientate all incoming guests within 5 minutes of arrival.
- Communicate with host areas when visitors arrive.
- To refer guest to Hosts as appropriate
- Laisse with Hosts any internal or external visitors that require escorting throughout the building
- Be polite and assist visitors.
- Deal with client requests on greeting and notification of guests.
- Assisting Security Officers to ensure all Security policies are met.
- Build a professional relationship with Security Officers.
- Liaising with room bookings & hospitality areas for changes to meeting locations and guests lists.
- Issue and retrieve security passes to all visitors.
- Liaising closely with room bookings and secretaries with changes in guest lists
- Reporting any faults to Help Desk (maintenance).
- Ensure you have correct and up to date telephone numbers and locations for all Client contacts.
- To cover other reception desks within the campus if required.
- Maintain the reception area in a clean and tidy manner, reporting problems with cleaning to cleaning supervisor.
General Skills: (Initiative, Adaptability, Flexibility, Reliability, Implementation, Work Standards, Tenacity and Time Management)
- Ensure the above skills are used to provide and efficient quality service to both client and company.
- Offer a pro-active style of working to maintain the company and client reputation
- All employees are responsible for protecting their own health and safety and those affected by your work.
Management Skills: (eadership, Delegation, Achievement Motivation, Staff development, Analysis & Problem Solving, Planning & Organising, Decisiveness & Judgement, Business Sense)
- Ensure that all staff understands current policies and procedures to ensure quality of service and ownership of task.
- Ensure that staffs are committed to their job roles to provide a consistently high quality service.
- To assist with the development of company and self to ensure continuous pro-active progression.
- To assist in maintaining a annual training plan and action.
- To assist with the completion of the annual training and evaluation report to the company standard.
Interpersonal Skills: (Verbal communication, Team working, Working standards, Customer care, Flexibility, Personal Hygiene and Listening)
- Ensure the highest standard of customer care is used at all times
- Ensure all comments and complaints are passed on to the manager immediately
- Ensure high standards of personal hygiene
- Ensure that you are ready to start work on time
- Ensure all accidents and faulty equipment is reported to the manager
- Ensure full attendance to all training sessions and meetings as required
- Ensure high standards of personnel appearance at all times (correct clean uniform etc)
- Never to eat while on duty other than on designated breaks.
- To work overtime provided reasonable notice is given.
- To complete any reasonable request made by the Management team.
Head Receptionist Job Description
Main Reception Duties
- As Head Receptionist you would manage reception staff in absence of manager
- Ensure adequate cover is in place
- Arrange Temporary cover when necessary
- Report on staff performance
- Produce monthly management reports
- Lead from the front – be the first point of contact if clients have any urgent issues
- Motivate and mentor the team – bringing out the best in their customer service standards of excellence
- Manage conference rooms and ensure liaison with all providers is up to the required standard
- Monitor conference room support and produce exception reports
- Suggest and implement service level improvements
- Meeting and greeting clients and visitors
- Operating the main switch board console
- Co-ordinating bookings for the client meeting rooms.
- Booking taxis for clients visitors and staff
- Collating daily visitors/client lists
- Liaising with Training department for all Training room bookings
- Answering various queries by either phone or email
Other Reception Responsibilities
- Ensure literature displayed in reception is current, co-ordinating with Sales & Marketing for the replenishment of stock
- Changing details on the reception greeting plasma screen
- Sending confirmations for every meeting booked, administration and related filing associated with room bookings.
- Displaying any welcome notes that may be requested on plasma screen
- Ensure the reception area is presented to the very best standards
- Updating telephone directory with all the Branch partners names, phone contact details, job tittle, cost code and location
- Updating records of leavers and new starters
- Keeping track of visitors
- Liaising with partners over their catering requirements for meetings
- Co-ordinating catering
- Ordering, monitoring and reordering biscuits, coffee, tea, milk napkins and disposable cups for water machines.
- Reporting faulty equipment or building related issues via the Facilities Management Help Desk.
- Requesting technical assistance from the Facilities Management team for all audio-visual equipment located in the meeting rooms.
- Giving advice to clients and partners on local amenities within London
- Giving direction to clients
- PC literate, an ability to use Lotus Notes – specifically the Email, calendar & to do sections. Additionally a good understanding of Excel and Word with an ability to set up and insert data into documents and spreadsheets.
- Have good organisational skills.
- Committed, flexible, team player with good communication skills
- Professional appearance, with good manners and a willingness to provide a quality service to the customer
- Be able to manage and motivate a team
- Be proactive, able to work on your own initiative and be prepared to assist with anything within the Facilities Management domain
- A good and reliable timekeeper.
- Possess excellent communication skills
Reception Manager Jobs are available here please apply now.