Or are you a candidate looking for a receptionist job?
If you are looking for your next exciting step in your career as a receptionist – then let FOH Recruitment assist you in your search for the perfect front of house role.
Whether you’re looking for a busier environment, better benefits, a more exciting company, a happier team, or simply a change of scenery… then we believe we can help you.
We deal with a range of reception vacancies including:
- Legal Receptionist Jobs
- Private Clinic Receptionist Jobs
- Bank Receptionist Jobs
- Insurance Receptionist Jobs
- Fund Managers Receptionist Jobs
- Media Company Receptionist Jobs
- TV Stations Receptionist Jobs
- Private Hospital Receptionist Jobs
A receptionist’s salary can vary greatly in London depending on the company, the role and the particular demands of each position, however our standard receptionist jobs typically pay between £18,000 to £30,000 per annum.
If you are a client and you need a receptionist urgently please contact our recruitment director here.
Corporate Receptionist Job Description
The below job spec is a basic generalisation of what our clients may require of their reception managers.
To ensure that visitors and staff receive VIP customer service at all times
- 1. Meeting and greeting
- 2. Accurate reservations of meeting rooms using a computerised booking system
- 3. Liaising with Pas, Directors, Catering and AV staff
- 4. Organising catering and audio visual equipment – occasionally assisting with setting up the rooms
- 5. Checking the meeting rooms are ready for the next meeting
- 6. Switchboard duties
- 7. Liaising with clients and providing excellent customer service – going the ‘extra mile’ when the opportunity arises.
- 8. Keeping reception area tidy
- 9. Booking taxis and couriers, ordering flowers
- 10. Stocktaking and administration
Client Assistance Area
USEFUL EXAMPLES OF CORPORATE RECEPTIONIST JOB DESCRIPTIONS – WHICH CLIENTS ARE ABLE TO USE AND TAILOR TO THEIR NEEDS
RECEPTIONIST JOB DESCRIPTION WITH SWITCHBOARD DUTIES
Overview of role:
A smart receptionist needed. To provide a professional front of house service in a friendly and efficient manner for the London Office.
Receptionist working hours are 07:00 to 20:00 with a one-hour lunch break within an eight and a half hour shift. Flexibility is required in respect to core working hours as shifts will generally be rotated on a weekly basis. Overtime may be required from time to time which may be paid or time off in lieu may be given, depending upon the needs of the business.
The Team: This role will work with the current team covering reception in the Office, reporting into the Front of House Manager
- Answer all calls, both internal and external (within 3 rings where possible) and direct them to the appropriate person.
- Update London entries on internal telephone directory on a weekly basis.
- Regularly check switchboard voicemail for messages and pass to their intended recipient.
- Meet & greet all visitors to reception and announce their arrival to the appropriate contact.
- Assist visitors as required (printing, sending faxes etc).
- Book taxis for staff and/or visitors and record details on the taxi log.
- Order catering supplies for meeting room service.
- Order external catering services where required and liaise with caterers re requirements.
- Issue temporary visitors’ access passes, record details and follow up non-returned passes.
- Ensure that the print/copy room is kept tidy.
- Book all meetings in both client and internal meeting rooms using our software management system ensuring details of catering, equipment and visitors are recorded and that confirmations are issued to booker/host.
- Ensure that all meeting rooms are correctly set up ready for each meeting, that all required equipment is available and functioning, relevant catering provided and that rooms are cleared down from the previous meeting.
- Ensure all meeting rooms are properly equipped with stationery and up-to-date information such as telephone lists and IT guides and that the rooms are kept tidy and in a suitable condition.
- Reconfigure meeting rooms as required and restore them to normal condition as necessary.
- Provide assistance to Catering Assistant as required covering breaks and any catering service required after 6pm.
CORPORATE RECEPTIONIST JOB VACANCY – SHORT VERSION – CLIENT SUITE
Receptionist needed – working hours are 35 a week between 7am to 7pm – on a rota Corporate Receptionist Duties and Responsibilities
- Greet and manage all clients and other visitors to the firm in a competent, friendly and supportive manner by maintaining good eye contact, body language and verbal skills presenting an approachable and efficient image of the firm
Other reception responsibilities
- Ensure that you are aware of the firm’s client facilities including all meeting room facilities
- Take and respond to meeting room bookings and related services, where you are unsure of a priority consult your supervisor
- Keep visitors informed of the reasons for the delay and action being taken
- Ensure that client’s needs due to any delay are met (refreshments etc)
- Operate the room booking service effectively
- Operate the e-mail and diary system effectively
Conference Suite and Reception Duties
Under the guidance of your supervisor:
- Take clients coats on arrival and return to them on departure
- Provide catering staff with accurate booking and catering and beverage information e.g. internal/external meetings, number of covers etc.
- Facilitate the booking of taxis for clients
- Become familiar through the Internet/Directories with Partners and Staff
- Ensure that the reception desk and the reception area is clear and tidy at all times i.e. all papers when not used to be placed under the tables
- Restock meeting rooms with corporate stationary
- Ensure all telephones are answered within 3 rings
RECEPTIONIST JOB DESCRIPTION – FOR CORPORATE RECEPTIONIST VACANCY WITH RESERVATIONS
Purpose Of Role
A smart receptionist needed – to meet and greet all visitors and to respond to all conference room booking requests using a computerised diary booking system.
The corporate receptionist is required to consistently maintain a superior level of professionalism in their delivery of customer service to internal customers and external clients/visitors.
The team is responsible for maintaining and enhancing the professional image and reputation of This Company in all contacts with clients, visitors and internal customers.
It will be important to demonstrate flexibility ensuring the highest standards of client service are delivered, reflecting both the excellence of the firm’s business, it’s operating culture and ethos.
The team work to a shift pattern and each receptionist will be required to work occasional weekends and evenings (as determined by operational requirements).
The Client Services Assistants cover three reception desks and the conference room booking office. The receptionist’s working hours are over four shift patterns:
- 07.00 – 15.30
- 08.30 – 17.00
- 09:00 – 18.30
- 12.45 – 21.15
The position holder will also be required to cover holidays and sickness on the Late Reception shift (16.00 – 24.00), as part of the rota. A taxi home will be provided on these occasions.
Key Receptionist Responsibilities
- Meet and greet all visitors with a warm and professional welcome. Contact the relevant host and ensure the correct room is ready. Take coats, bags, umbrellas for safe-keeping. Offer refreshments if appropriate.
- Perform regular room checks at our office to ensure rooms are:
- in perfect condition to receive the host & guest/s;
- have all relevant media and A/V.
- set-up according to the hosts request.
- Co-ordinate the booking of conference rooms making effective use of the room booking system. This may involve prioritising client meetings over internal meetings and “juggling” reservations to make efficient use of meeting room space and meet customer needs.
- Re-confirm “next day” bookings and check all requirements.
- Follow up provisional bookings, confirm them and obtain billing and catering details, making use of the daily follow-up list.
- Carry out daily administrative procedures, e.g. compile reports (statistics, no-shows, room moves, room usage, re-charge sheets, maintenance equipment usage, overrun meetings), send out catering assessment forms and complete a key check.
- Keep accurate records of all correspondence between the relevant parties booking rooms.
- Maintain a “waiting list” on busy days.
- Liaise closely with other departments i.e. IS, Maintenance, Catering, Telecoms, HR and Marketing Events, ensuring accurate communication takes place (especially regarding the timely announcement of any booking changes).
- Send faxes, make photocopies, book taxis, order flowers, and arrange ‘swears’ and statutory declarations. Print documents for clients when requested.
- Report any defects and maintenance issues. Follow up to ensure rectification is satisfactorily completed.
- Keep the reception and client touchdown areas tidy. The awards and Registered Office List to be neatly on display along with other appropriate media.
- Occasional cover of the computerised switchboard is also required.
- Observe This Company procedures with regard to fire, health and safety.
- Complies with the firm’s policies and any other legal obligations; effectively manages risks to the firm where those risks relate to this role
Required Experience, Skills and Attributes
Technical Experience and Receptionist Skills
- Relevant corporate front desk or related customer services experience, ideally gained in a professional services, or a hotel (or similar), environment
- Good typing (40 wpm would be desirable) and keyboard skills
- Computer literate with a good working knowledge of common desktop applications (MS Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Previous experience of a room booking system would be beneficial
- Previous Switchboard experience with knowledge of a screen based console would be desirable
- An ability to learn new software applications would be desirable
SHORT SPEC FOR STANDARD RECEPTIONIST RESPONSIBILITIES
Reporting to – Front of House Manager, Duty Manager, Co-ordinators
Purpose – To ensure visitors are greeted and escorted to meeting rooms in an efficient and professional manner
- WE NEED A RECEPTIONIST IN LONDON – immaculately presented – warm and charming
Specific Receptionist Responsibilities
- To greet all visitors reporting to Reception, contacting their hosts upon arrival
- Dealing with general enquiries from visitors and internal staff
- To escort guests quickly and courteously to meeting rooms
- To place guests’ coats and luggage in the cloakroom
- To take messages to meeting rooms as requested
- To check meeting rooms are ready for the next meeting
- To maintain a tidy Reception area
- To book meeting rooms using booking software
- To liaise with the Catering, Audio visual and Meeting Room Support Departments for Catering and AV requests
- Printing of reports from meeting room booking system
- Check e-mails sent to Reception e-mail address on a regular basis
Occasional Receptionist Duties
- To report any faults in meeting rooms and Reception areas
- To carry out photocopying and faxing on request
- May be required to carry out extra duties at evening Functions. E.g. distributing name badges, organisation of question and answer sessions
Answering the telephone
- Answer the phone promptly and politely within three rings
- To undertake any other reasonable requests of Management
- To assist and support other team members, Managers, Co-ordinators and Trainer
- To read all correspondence and weekly newsletter sent via e-mail in order to maintain good communication within the team
- To be aware of evacuation exits and emergency procedures
Hospitality Receptionist Needed – Standard Responsibilities
This role forms part of the Reception Services Team.
The team are responsible for booking meeting and dining rooms, meeting and greeting clients, arranging car and taxi transportation, ensuring refreshment and IT equipment requests are organised and answering the switchboard.
In addition a key element of their role is to run the main ground floor reception
- Greeting of external visitors
- Ensure reception area is well kept and maintained to a high standard
- Maintain a flexible and professional approach in dealing with all queries
- Ordering of floral arrangements
- Taking incoming and transferring telephone calls
- Taking messages
- Administering an efficient and effective reservation service with regard to:
- Meeting room bookings
- Taxi bookings
- Car park bookings
- Liaison with catering staff regarding refreshments required
- Liaison with ground floor security staff regarding external visitors
- Organisation of security passes for external visitors
Receptionist Skills Needed
- Demonstrate absolutely nothing less than excellence in every aspect of customer care
- Ensures that oneself is always immaculately presented and well groomed
- Communicates articulately both in a written and oral format
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public
- A smart Receptionist
- Customer Focus
- Planning & Organising
- Problem Solving & Decision Making
- Relationship Building
- Self Development
- Team Membership
- Team Working
- Business Awareness
- Policy and Law
- Complaints Handling
- Email and Internet Use
- Health and safety at Work Act
FRONT OF HOUSE RECEPTIONIST JOB DESCRIPTION
Job Purpose: To project a professional and efficient image of the company, by meeting and greeting all visitors to the building in a courteous and helpful manner and by maintaining a tidy and attractive working environment on both the ground & top floor.
Receptionist Required in London: Receptionist wanted to project a professional and efficient image of the company, by meeting and greeting
General Receptionist Duties
- To consistently provide & maintain the highest standard of client care and service
- To welcome all clients on arrival and ensure that the necessary hospitality is afforded
- To be fully familiar with the hospitality facilities on both the Ground & Top, especially the layout & usage
- To ensure that details of any complaint, problems or compliments are communicated directly to the Hospitality Manager or Supervisor
- To check the meeting/ dining room facilities on a regular basis, reporting any faults, defects or problems to the appropriate department, in order to ensure that the rooms are maintained to the highest standard of cleanliness and presentation at all times
- To liaise directly with the equipment & A/V department ensuring that all equipment is provided correctly & then promptly removed at the end of each booking
- Laisse closely with Conference Bookings with reference to new or amended bookings. To be flexible & responsive in carrying out all duties and in some cases aiding other areas of the team when required
- To ensure that the Reception work area is maintained in a clean and tidy manner at all times
- To report for duty, in full uniform, ready to start work at the designated time. To maintain a high standard of personal presentation at all times
- To ensure the effective cover of the Reception desks during work hours and never leave it unattended, by forwarding the phones appropriately
- To ensure that room utilisation is maximised by monitoring the rapid clear down & turnaround for re-use of each room and updating the room booking system in order to inform all other members of the team of the current status of each room
- Previous experience of Reception or Front of House
- Experience within Client facing environment
- Positive, enthusiastic and friendly
- Team player, flexible, adaptable
- Customer service orientated
- Efficient under pressure
- Ability to prioritise
- Computer literate
- Basic knowledge of a meeting room booking system
- Corporate image essential
- Good personal presentation at all times
- Smart Receptionist & well-groomed
CORPORATE RECEPTIONIST VACANCY – CLIENT SUITE – CORPORATE RECEPTIONIST JOB DESCRIPTIONE
RECEPTION JOB SUMMARY
- To be the part of the team that is the face of the company.
- To ensure guests and visitors are given an excellent standard of greeting and care whilst in the building.
- To ensure that all business needs are met and that the company’s reputation is enhanced through the provision of exemplary reception, bookings and concierge services.
- To be articulate and well informed and to ensure that clients and visitors’ needs pre-empted, met and exceeded.
RECEPTION DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To be present at allocated workstation at rostered time, immaculately dressed in uniform.
- To effectively deliver to all guests, Health & Safety Information including full fire evacuation procedure briefing upon arrival.
- To be responsible for Health Safety and the Environment in line with specifications set down by company
- To portray a friendly, professional and courteous demeanour at all times, using open and appropriate body language.
- To be flexible in rostering times to meet the needs of the business.
- To ensure that all visitors and staff are dealt with efficiently and ensure that an exceptional high standard of customer service is provided at all times, personally taking responsibility for their requests to ensure that they are completed, if not exceeding, their expectations.
- To be responsible for the efficient running of reception, concierge or bookings desks with the professionalism and knowledge required for each location. To check guests in & out promptly.
- Actively welcome, announce and escort visitors through the building offering refreshments and informing of building facilities such as washrooms, concierge and deli locations.
- To communicate effectively with other areas of department including Kitchen, Pantry, Food & Beverage and associated managers.
- To communicate professionally and as a representative to residents within the building providing a 5 star service standard.
- To ensure telephone etiquette is adhered to at all times, including answering with the appropriate greeting within three (3) rings or diverting to an acceptable alternative.
- To ensure great teamwork at all times both within and outside the department, always demonstrating a “can do” approach and solutions.
- To receive meeting room bookings via email or telephone with attention to detail, clarifying all requests, double checking all information and communicating effectively to all relevant departments.
- When required, to daily check all room bookings for the following day and amend any outstanding or contradictory information.
- To communicate regularly with the Reception Services Manager with any new and important issues that may arise.
- To be responsible for the upkeep and cleanliness of your allocated area including filing and next shift preparation.
- To efficiently report any maintenance, IT or Health & Safety concerns to the relevant departments.
- To be the main point of contact within the building to all residents, catering to all requests and queries in an appropriate and timely manner.
- To maintain and actively utilise a portfolio of information to assist with client queries, such as transport, restaurants and shops.
- To embrace our vision by working “outside the box” and clearing rooms, assisting in catering services as required and ensuring an all round 5* service.
- To actively complete all departmental check lists ensuring quality of service and standards pertaining to the presentation and maintenance of meeting rooms and public areas.
- To assist in any other reasonable duties as required, requested by the Reception Services Manager or Catering Manager.
- To assist in any other reasonable duties as required, requested by the Facilities Management
RECEPTIONIST AND SWITCHBOARD OPERATOR JOB DESCRIPTION – SHORT JOB SPEC
We urgently need a receptionist for our corporation in London
Qualifications, Receptionist Skills and Experience:
It would be good if they have knowledge and experience of our telephone system (although this can obviously be taught) and general keyboard skills, including operation of internal e-mail system (Outlook preferred). Knowledge of Word and Excel.
Receptionist Duties include:
- Promptly answer and announce all incoming calls and route to relevant recipient/practice group/secretary/voicemail as appropriate.
- Greet all visitors.
- Receive, log and regularly check for incoming faxes. Notify individual(s) when faxes arrive.
- Book meeting rooms and notify Kitchen Assistant.
- Order couriers, taxis and flowers on request.
- Maintain visitor’s book, staff register, incoming fax log and incoming hand delivery log. Notify relevant individual(s) of hand deliveries.
- Provide cover when Kitchen Assistant is on holiday, sick or at other times.
- When appropriate, inform ‘out of hours answering service’ of staff changes etc.
- Notify Landlord’s ground floor reception of expected visitors and liaise regarding other matters as required.
- Liaison with Engineers regarding minor maintenance issues
- Setting and checking security camera.
- Update list of Partners held on reception.
- Other ad-hoc duties which may be required from time to time
PART TIME RECEPTIONIST JOB DESCRIPTION 3 days a week
Within a team of 8 (5 of whom are receptionists/telephonists), this role provides for a mix of reception and telephonist/switchboard duties. As the first point of contact for visitors/clients to our building, only a candidate with the highest standards of personal presentation, professionalism, flexibility and efficiency will be successful. This role will be part of a job-share with one other receptionist and will be Wednesday to Friday.
- Initial point of contact for clients on arriving at the Firm; greeting clients/visitors before meetings, seminars, functions
- booking meeting rooms using IT room booking system
- preparation of meeting rooms (refreshments, Flipcharts, OHPs, PC’s, conference phones etc)
- general diary management
- assisting kitchen with refreshments, lunches etc
- booking sandwiches, taxis, parking bays and squash courts as required
- stock maintenance of store rooms kitchen
- ad hoc duties as required
- handling a busy switchboard – a screen-based
- handling general queries and announcing calls (if required)
- dealing with a wide range of calls and callers in the appropriate manner
- setting up/booking conference calls
Skills / Reception Experience Required
- Related prior work experience, preferably gained within professional services or hotel/hospitality sector
- Smart Receptionist needed – must be professional, confident and well-presented, with a welcoming, friendly and mature personality
- attention to detail is critical, as is a calm and ordered approach to work
- IT skills and familiarity with room booking systems
- good sense of humour is essential; happy working both as a team member but also alone
- excellent telephone manner; articulate
- must have a flexible approach to duties
- would be required to work overtime, sometimes at short notice
TELEPHONIST JOB DESCRIPTION
Reports to: Switch-room Manager
GENERAL: The role of the Firm’s Telephonists is to operate the Switchboard, assist callers, deal with queries and to undertake routine administrative tasks as requested by the Switch-room Manager
MAIN TELEPHONIST DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To operate the Switchboard (or other Switchboard as the Firm shall provide) in conjunction with the directory database, ensuring calls are handled in a timely and professional manner
- Ensure where possible phones are answered within 3 rings
- To ensure that the Directory Services is updated regularly in conjunction with the Switch-room Supervisor
- To ensure the switchboard database (telephone directory) is updated regularly
- To set up conference calls as required by partners and staff (if requested)
- Conducting training for new staff on the use of the voicemail and telephone system
This job description encompasses the main duties of the role and is by no means exhaustive. It is anticipated that duties may vary from time to time according to the needs of the Department.
The role requires an individual with the following personal attributes:
- articulate and confident with the ability to work unsupervised
- efficient and well organised
- flexible approach with the ability to adapt to differing job requirements
- attention to detail
- the ability to remain calm under pressure
CONCISE JOB DECRIPTION FOR A CORPORATE RECEPTIONIST
Responible to: Head Receptionist
Receptionist Required: To ensure that all visitors / clients are received and dealt with in a professional and courteous manner. The receptionist represents the image and standards of the firm therefore the first impression is crucial. The receptionist must remain flexible in support of their colleagues and retain the ability to prioritise his / her workload
Specific Receptionist Duties:
- Greeting all clients upon arrival in a friendly and professional manner and escorting them to their meeting room.
- Assist visitors with local information (i.e. nearest tube/taxi/buses, etc) when necessary
- Answering all incoming calls and taking accurate messages.
- Booking advanced / same day reservations, cancellations and any general inquiries.
- Ensuring all reservations are dealt with and entered into “Computerised Room Booking System” as per the client’s requests.
- Assisting the Head Receptionist with any “special” functions as required.
- Obtaining all names of attendees and entering them into every booking. Forwarding incoming attendee names to security on ground floor reception in advance of arrival.
- Regularly check the shared reception mailbox for any in-coming messages and action promptly.
- Ensuring all meeting rooms are maintained in a clean and tidy order after each meeting. When possible, this includes returning chairs to their correct positions, removing any crockery, wiping down the tables, replacing the telephone and cord into it’s correct position and removing and debris from the room.
- Laisse with catering department to ensure all client requirements are met.
- Ensuring the reception desk and surrounding area is kept clean and tidy at all times.
- Reporting and recording any faults with furniture, fixtures and equipment in reception area / meeting rooms to the Facilities Co-Ordinator and following up on repairs.
- Assist with audio-visual and catering when required.
- Compile monthly room charge report on excel and submit to Accounts Department.
- Provide administration support when requested by the Head Receptionist.
- Assist with evacuation procedures when requested.
- Ensure stationary stocks are ample at all times and compiling stationary orders when needed.
- Flexibility to work on ad hoc projects when requested
RECEPTION ROOM RESERVATIONS OR ROOMS BOOKINGS COORDINATOR JOB DESCRIPTION _ JOB SPEC
Bookings Co-ordinator/Helpdesk Co-ordinator
Responsibilities: Responsible to ensure that requests for meeting rooms, dining rooms, catering, audio visual and any other requests are dealt with courteously and efficiently. Responsible for the day to day running of the Helpdesk whilst on duty. This includes acknowledging, assigning and resolving all jobs within agreed SLA times.
Responsible To: Events Manager and Booking Centre Supervisor
Operational Duties: (Job/Technical Knowledge/Expertise, Customer Service)
- Taking phone and e-mail bookings for all meeting and dining rooms within the London Campus
- Taking phone and e-mail bookings for all catering requirements
- Keep reception areas informed of any changes to on the day bookings
- Inform Reception of any new on the day bookings
- Keep all catering areas informed of any on the day bookings
- Liaise with Hospitality department for menu requirements
- Compile weekly sheets summarising all dining room bookings
- Liaise with main receptions with regard to room bookings and external guests
- Reporting any faults to Help Desk (maintenance)
- Ensure you have correct and up to date telephone numbers and locations for all lient contacts.
- Maintain the booking office in a clean and tidy manner, reporting problems with cleaning to cleaning supervisor.
- Liaise with Audio Visual team with equipment queries, concerns and requirements.
- Liaise with cleaning supervisor for any housekeeping requirements or guests concerns
General Skills: (Initiative, Adaptability, Flexibility, Reliability, Implementation, Work Standards, Tenacity and Time Management)
- Ensure the above skills are used to provide and efficient quality service to both client and company.
- Offer a pro-active style of working to maintain the company reputation
- All employees are responsible for protecting their own health and safety and those affected by your work.
Interpersonal Skills: (Verbal communication, Team working, Working standards, Customer care, Flexibility, Personal Hygiene and Listening)
If you pass us a lead for a new client/company which generates new business – on the successful placement of a permanent candidate with them (and passing of their probationary period) FOH Recruitment will send you a fabulous cash reward!!! Contact us for more details.
Similarly If you recommend a candidate to us and we successfully place them in a permanent position (and passing of their probationary period.) you can look forward to another cash reward!!!
For more information or with any referrals please get in touch here