Front Of House Manager Job Description
If you are looking for your next step in your career – and you have either managed a large team of receptionists or managed a corporation’s front of house services, then let FOH Recruitment assist you finding you the perfect new role.
We deal with Front of House Manager’s roles within a wide range of industries including: Legal, Investment Banking, Insurance, Private Equity, Asset Management, Media, Television stations, Fund Manager and many others.
These vacancies usually have salaries which range from around £35,000 to £60,000
If you have solid experience please do apply for one of our Front of House Manager Vacancies
The below job spec is a basic generalisation of what our clients may require of their Front of House Manager.
Front of House Manager Duties
- Manage the Reception, Telephony, Room Reservations, Catering and Cleaning over a large account.
- Deliver the professional greeting of clients and visitors, to the highest standards
- Monitor, manage and review the Catering and Cleaning contracts
- Ensure the team leaders and supervisors co-ordinate their staff to ensure the delivery of exceptional front of house services.
- Implement dynamic operational working procedures, to support the delivery of service excellence
- Develop strong communication and line reporting procedures to guide service implementation making improvements or changes where required
- Implement safe working practices to ensure safety of building occupiers and visitors
- Lead monthly management report meetings with the client and build strong relationships with key business leaders
- Strong detail analysis of service delivery and identify continuous improvements
- Introduce systems for analysis of service delivery ie mystery shoppers etc
- Monitor the team’s performance promoting achievements and identifying weaker areas for improvement
Client Assistance Area
USEFUL EXAMPLES OF FRONT OF HOUSE MANAGER JOB DESCRIPTIONS – WHICH CLIENTS ARE ABLE TO USE AND TAILOR TO THEIR NEEDS
Front Of House Manager Job Description – (RECEPTION MANAGER JOB DESCRIPTION)
The post holder will be part of a large facilities team based in London and will provide Front of House Manager assistance to our London offices.
The post holder’s main responsibilities will be the management of the Front of House team, Catering contractors, the Switchboard team, the on-site helpdesk, and call system.
The post holder will have responsibility for managing a large number of staff with varying degrees of functions and duties, and also the management of a number of subcontracted services and relevant staff.
Reception Manager Responsibilities
- Front of House
- Catering contractors
- Switchboard team
- On-site helpdesk
- Call Logger
- Conference call providers
- Monitoring of and delivering to service level agreements
- Reviewing and setting procedures for effective operation
- Compilation of statistics for senior management
- Staff development and performance management, including conducting annual appraisals
- Providing budgetary information
- Providing support to other facilities areas as necessary
Skills and Attributes Required
The post holder will be responsible for the reception management, and day to day running of the above key areas, which involves approx 30 staff.
A pre-requisite for the post holder is excellent people management skills with a proven track record in this area.
The post holder will be able to operate with minimal input from senior management, exercise excellent judgement and decision making and be totally customer service driven.
The post holder will possess excellent communication skills, both orally and written and the ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
The post holder must be capable of organising large volumes of work for both themselves and others, able to multi-task, work to tight deadlines when necessary and produce high quality work under pressure.
The post-holder with be confident in both when to make a decision, and when to seek further clarification on a decision.
The post holder will be a clear self-starter with the ability to demonstrate innovation and drive.
Corporate Front Of House Manager Job Description (Reception Manager)
Member of Facilities team responsible for managing Front of House services.
Part of a focused and dynamic team, delivering a multi-faceted, co-ordinated facilities management service to our company. This is a proactive role, which requires someone who is able to consider wider team issues whilst developing and refining the service. The ability to provide the service to agreed SLA levels whilst working within strict budgetary controls will be a prerequisite.
The successful candidate will have management experience working for a large blue chip company with experience in managing corporate Reception Services to a 5 star standard. A wealth of staff and change management experience is essential.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
Main duties and responsibilities are:
- Liaising with Clients and key business managers to ensure full and proactive business support is provided to their areas of responsibility.
- Invest time and energy in the management and development and motivation of Reception team, in a manner to ensure highest quality and value for money while maintaining high team morale. Under take skills enhancement and personal development through monitoring and mentoring, on individual and team basis.
- Assist and deputise for the Facilities Manager as required.
- Ensure all aspects of FOH and Admin and HR policies and procedures are adhered to including timesheets, overtime claims, sickness and holiday forms.
- Management of the delivery of small works projects and move and changes within designated areas.
- Ensures that all auditorium equipment is fully functional before any bookings take place, liaison with AV specialist to ensure that all faults are rectified, management of auditorium bookings
- Assist in the setting up and ensuring smooth running of the annual and interim results.
- Ensure reception is covered between the hours of 7.30am and 8pm.
- Ensure that reception is covered at all other times (holidays, sickness, security cover etc) by being personally positioned on the reception desk.
- To ensure visitors booking in and out system is maintained and adhered to at all times.
- To ensure that the reception area is maintained to a high standard and is presentable at all times.
- Provide accurate statistical reports for both reception sites as and when required by Regional FM and or Client.
Hours of Work
Working hours are 37.5 hours per week; however flexibility will be expected with regard to hours of work to suit the needs of the business / team.
If you would like to apply for this or any other of our roles then please contact us
Don’t Miss Out!
If you pass us a lead for a new client/company which generates new business – on the successful placement of a permanent candidate with them (and passing of their probationary period) FOH Recruitment will send you a fabulous cash reward!!! contact us for more details.
Similarly If you recommend a candidate to us and we successfully place them in a permanent position (and passing of their probationary period.) you can look forward to another cash reward!!!
For more information or with any referrals please get in touch here