Learning & Development Manager Job Description
Learning and Development Manager Job Description in the Human Resources (HR) department is all about upskilling employees!
Learning and Development Manager Job Description
1. Training Needs Analysis: Conducting a thorough analysis to identify the training and development needs of individuals, teams, or departments. Assessing skills gaps, performance issues, and future organizational requirements.
2. Learning Program Design: Developing comprehensive learning programs that align with the organization’s goals and objectives. This includes selecting appropriate training methodologies, instructional materials, and technologies.
3. Training Delivery: Facilitating training sessions, workshops, and other learning oportunities either personally or by coordinating with internal trainers, external vendors, or subject matter experts.
4. Content Development: Creating or sourcing training materials, including presentations, e-learning modules, job aids, and other resources. Learning and Development Managers often collaborate with subject matter experts and instructional designers to develop high-quality content.
5. Talent Development: Identifying high-potential employees and designing development programs to nurture their skills and prepare them for future leadership roles. This may involve mentoring, coaching, job rotations, and succession planning.
6. Performance Management: Collaborating with managers to link training and development initiatives to individual and team performance goals. Learning and Development Managers may also assist in designing performance management systems and tools.
7. Learning Evaluation: Post-training assessments, surveys, focus groups, or on-the-job performance evaluations. Analyze the data to measure the impact of training programs and make necessary improvements.
8. Learning Technology: Keeping abreast of the latest learning technologies and tools, such as learning management systems (LMS), virtual classrooms, and e-learning platforms. .
9. Budgeting and Resource Management: Developing and managing the learning and development budget, including tracking expenses, negotiating contracts with external training providers, and optimizing the use of available resources.
10. Change Management: Supporting organizational changes by providing learning and development to facilitate adoption of new processes or technologies.
EXAMPLE JOB SPEC
Job Title: Learning and Development Manager (HR)
As a Learning and Development Manager in the Human Resources (HR) department, you will be responsible for designing, implementing, and managing comprehensive learning and development programs to support the professional growth and skill enhancement of our employees. Your role will involve collaborating with various stakeholders, assessing training needs, developing effective training strategies, and evaluating the effectiveness of learning initiatives. The ideal candidate will possess strong leadership skills, exceptional communication abilities, and a proven track record in designing and implementing successful learning and development programs.
Training Needs Assessment:
- Conduct thorough needs assessments to identify knowledge and skill gaps within the organization.
- Collaborate with HR partners, department managers, and employees to gather feedback and insights on training requirements.
- Analyze performance data and trends to determine the most critical areas for learning and development interventions.
Training Program Design and Development:
- Design and develop comprehensive learning and development programs aligned with organizational goals and employee development needs.
- Create engaging and interactive training materials, including presentations, e-learning modules, job aids, and other relevant resources.
- Utilize a variety of instructional techniques and formats, such as classroom training, workshops, webinars, and online learning platforms.
Training Delivery and Facilitation:
- Deliver training programs effectively, ensuring clear communication, participant engagement, and knowledge retention.
- Conduct in-person and virtual training sessions, facilitating group discussions, activities, and exercises.
- Collaborate with subject matter experts to deliver specialized technical or skill-specific training sessions.
Learning Evaluation and Feedback:
- Establish evaluation frameworks and metrics to assess the effectiveness and impact of training programs.
- Collect feedback from participants and stakeholders to continuously improve the quality and relevance of learning initiatives.
- Monitor and analyze training evaluation data, identifying trends and areas for improvement.
Learning Management System (LMS) Administration:
- Oversee the administration and maintenance of the organization’s learning management system.
- Upload and manage training content, track employee progress, and generate reports on training metrics.
- Stay updated with emerging trends and technologies in learning and development, recommending enhancements to the LMS as needed.
Collaboration and Stakeholder Management:
- Collaborate with HR partners, department heads, and business leaders to understand business objectives and align learning initiatives with organizational goals.
- Work closely with external vendors, consultants, and trainers to coordinate and deliver specialized training programs.
- Foster strong relationships with internal stakeholders to ensure effective communication and coordination of learning and development initiatives.
- Proven experience as a Learning and Development Manager or similar role, preferably within an HR department.
- Strong knowledge of adult learning principles, instructional design methodologies, and training evaluation techniques.
- Familiarity with learning management systems (LMS) and e-learning platforms.
- Excellent facilitation and presentation skills, with the ability to engage diverse audiences.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build relationships and collaborate effectively with stakeholders at all levels.
- Strong project management and organizational skills, with the ability to manage multiple initiatives simultaneously.
- Analytical mindset with the ability to interpret data and make data-driven decisions.
- Proactive and self-motivated, with the ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Organizational Psychology, Business Administration, or a related field.
- Professional certifications in learning and development, such as CIPD levels 5 and 7 or other recognized diplomas.
If you are passionate about driving employee development, designing effective learning strategies, and creating a culture of continuous learning within the organization, we invite you to apply for the role of Learning and Development Manager in our HR department. Join our team and contribute to the growth and success of our employees and the organization as a whole.
See our list of the Best HR Recruitment Agencies in London
For the very latest in HR, see our list of The Best HR News Websites
Are you looking for HR Training and Qualifications? See our choices of the best HR Qualifications in London
Click here for the BEST HR JOBS AND JOB BOARDS